Here it is . . . the looooonnnngggg awaited Cardio post. It has been way too long, but hey, I’ve been busy teaching the cardio spin classes, making new routines, and of course, baking up a storm! I hope you enjoy
This spin routine received positive reviews from my regulars, and I know they wouldn’t steer me wrong
Spin N- (Duration 60 Minutes)
1. Forget You - Cee Lo Green – 3:43 Warm Up- get that body ready to get moving!
2. What the Hell - Avril Lavigne – 3:39 Jumps- getting going right away today! Seated to Standing, counts of 8, 4, 2, 1.
3. Left My Heart In Tokyo - Mini Viva – 3:47 Pyramid Sprint. Starting at 1 minute on, then 45, 30, 15. Rest for 20 seconds in between sprints.
4. Not Ready to Make Nice – Dixie Chicks – 4:01 Sitting climb/standing climb with freeze on chorus 1:00-1:24, 2:24-2:50
5. Fading Like a Flower – Roxette – 3:51 30 second seated sprint , 30 second standing sprint , 30 second standing climb (8/10), 1 minute standing, 1 minute seated climb (8/10)
6. Yeah 3X (Explicit Edit) - Chris Brown - 4:01 Run. 30 seconds seated, add one tension, 30 seconds standing.
7. Coming Home - Diddy Dirty Money Feat Skylar Grey – 3:59 Standing flat with a get low run (30s)
8. Rope – Foo Fighters – 4:19 1 min seated, 1 min hover, 1 minute stand (Hand pos. 3), 1 minute sitting straight up no hands on handlebars
9. Born This Way – Lady Gaga – 4:20 Jumps on own
10. Firework – Katy Perry – 3:48 Standing climb
11. L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. - Noah And The Wale - 3:47 Turn up tension – every time he sings L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.
12. We R Who We R - Kesha - 3:25 Hover 20 Stand 20
13. Higher - Taio Cruz Feat Kylie Minogue & Travie McCoy - 3:23 Open Road
14. Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi – 4:10 Stand and freeze/slide when “living on a prayer” adding tension with each set.
Cool down and Stretch
I hope you enjoy using this spin for your own workout!
Music is so important to me when I work out. If I have new tunes loaded up on my iPhone, I definitely find myself with an extra jump in my step. I love to teach my spinning classes based on feeling the beat of the music. Trying to keep up to the beat while adding tension turn, after tension turn is an awesome motivator!
Do you have a favourite song to workout to?