I have known Paityn now for quite some time, so when the idea of working on another video with her came up, we jumped at it! She is the kindest, and sweetest girl ever! Our viewers have been saying the exact same things about her in the comment section of her videos with us (which she has three).
In this video together we make mini ice cream cone rainbow cake pops! The mini cones are the cutest things I’ve ever seen . . . I imagine that if I had kids of my own, I would already know these existed but I had never seen them before.
Ice Cream Cone Rainbow Cake Pops
• prepared cupcakes of various colours
• Buttercream (Our buttercream video: http://youtu.be/rjqOTM5icOE)
• mini ice cream cones (I found mine at WalMart)
• white melting chocolate
• red candies
- To make the cake pops crumble one cupcake of one colour into a bowl and add one tablespoon of buttercream. Mix together until a playdough like texture is reached. Repeat for all colours.
- Use a small amount of each colour, combine together and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment lined baking tray and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave by using 30-60 second intervals and stirring repeatedly.
- Dip the top of the cone into the melting chocolate and place the cake ball on top. Set aside and repeat process. Put into freezer for 5 minutes again to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once the chocolate is hard, dip the ball and cone into the chocolate again, covering the cake ball. Allow to harden and repeat if desired. To apply sprinkles, re-dip the cone halfway and apply sprinkles and “cherry” on top!
Thanks again to Paityn for coming and making another video with us!!