If you are a peanut butter lover, you need to add this to your list of MUST make recipes.
Are you ready? These cookies have peanut butter, peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces, and all of that deliciousness is wrapped around a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup!
Obviously, if you are NOT a peanut butter fan (what is wrong with you?) these are not the cookies for you. I apologize to you for having to lose out on the amazingness of these cookies. If you’re allergic, how to do you live life?!?!? I really feel for you. Seriously. No sarcasm. THAT’s how bad I feel- bad enough to not be sarcastic! I would guess that you could substitute the peanut butter portions for a nut free alternatives, but I haven’t checked that out yet.
This is a pretty straightforward cookie recipe, so following the steps to combine the ingredients is relatively easy. When baking these cookies, you want to make sure that you wrap the dough entirely around the peanut butter cup. This will prevent any of the peanut butter cup/chocolate from escaping during baking. I didn’t have that problem, but if you do freezing the peanut butter cups ahead of time might help as well.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 300 grams peanut butter chips
- 230 grams Reese’s Pieces
- 15-18 Reese’s Peanut Butter cups
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and peanut butter together until combined.
- Add sugars, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low until the batter is moist.
- Finally, add Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter chips and mix on low briefly.
- Scoop out batter in 1-2 tablespoon sized balls, and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Place into the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, flatten one dough ball and place a Reese’s cup in the centre. Place a second dough ball on top of the Reese’s cup, and wrap around the cup to join the two batter portions so that the cup is completely wrapped.
- Repeat, placing cookies 3-4 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 18-22, or until golden brown is reached.
- Serve when slightly warm, or store in an airtight container for 2-3 days once cooled.