Oreos and marshmallows make a great combination . . . who would have thought? I’m making these bars, which are super simple, as I have a big cake project in the plans, and you need to know how to make these before I get to the special video!
There is a lot of flexibility when it comes to these bars. You can add extra marshmallows, or extra cookies to change the way that the bars taste and feel. The more cookies you add, the crunchier the bars will be. And vise versa, the more marshmallows you add, the chewier the bars will be. I would also take a guess and say that mixing in a different flavour of sandwich cookie would be good too. Maybe any cookie would work!?! If you try that out, let me know!
When the marshmallows and butter are melted, the mixture will be hot, so make sure to allow it to cool slightly before you press it into the pan (if you are using your hands). Since I prefer to use my hands to press the bars, I like to wear gloves and that way, I’m not cleaning out from under my fingernails for the next week.
If you’re an experienced rice krispie square maker, you might notice that this recipe is quite close to those- and you would be correct! If you need a quick, easy treat, try mixing these up!
Cookies and Cream Marshmallow Bars (Oreo Bars)
- Prepare an 8″ square cake by lining it with plastic wrap, and non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave in 30-60 second intervals. Stir between each interval until mixture is smooth.
- Mix chopped Oreos in the marshmallow mixture and stir until cookies are coated.
- Transfer cookie mixture to the prepared pan. Using a non-stick covered spoon or greased gloved hand, press mixture firmly into the pan, making sure that the bars are flat.
- Allow bars to cool before slicing and serving. They can be placed in the fridge to speed this step up.