This is SUCH an easy idea. It’s so easy, I’m kind of embarrassed to show it to you. We all need something easy to do once in a while, right?? I also like that this is another No Bake idea, and anything no-bake is bound to be simple!
All you need for this recipe are “Double Stuf” Oreo’s, “enhancements” and buttercream. You can go with any flavour of cookie and any flavour of buttercream. For the enhancements, you can choose any kind of sprinkle, or mini candy that you have on hand. I found that the smaller the enhancement, the easier and neater the cookies end up. I tried using silver dragees, but they didn’t look that good unfortunately.
I think these would be so adorable themed for a baby shower- little towers of pink or blue decorated Oreo’s, adorable! They would also be so perfect for holidays- themed to go with the coordinating colours of the season.
You could get away without the Double Stuf Oreos if you had to, but they definitely make it easier than trying to pipe buttercream into a narrow space.
How to Make Decorated Oreos
- “Double Stuf” Oreos (any flavour)
- Vanilla buttercream
- Sprinkles, mini M&M’s, jimmies, dragees, coloured sanding sugar etc
- Using a piping bag fitted with a small round tip (#3-5), pipe buttercream into the area between the cookies.
- Roll the cookie/icing into the sprinkles.
- Use your fingers to smooth out the line, so the filling is even.
- Repeat with desired number of cookies, and “enhancements”
- Display in stacks tied with ribbon, or in cupcake liners.