Watermelon is definitely a popular fruit for summer time . . . but I knew there was a way to make it even better than it is. So, I filled it with JELLO!
I present to you a watermelon filled with Jello and chocolate chip “seeds”.
This recipe works best with the mini watermelon, but it will also work with giant ones! The only reason I say it works best with mini watermelons is that it only takes one box of jello instead of hundreds you’d need for the big ones.
How To Make Jello Watermelon
- Mini watermelon
- 1 package 8 serving size red Jello
- 3 packages unflavoured gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- chocolate chips
- Cut watermelon in half and remove red “meat” of the fruit so only the white rind is remaining.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together boiling water, jello and gelatin. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour jello into the watermelon rind, and allow to set/harden for 4-6 hours.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit into the watermelon, and push chocolate chips down into the watermelon with a straw.
- Slice and serve when ready.
- Store in the fridge wrapped or in a sealed container.