Today, I am showing you another gross Halloween treat- Bloody Jello Brain Cake! It is sure to disgust all of your Halloween party guests if you dare serve it to them!
Subscribe to Cupcakes and Cardio.
A giant Jello brain with a saw blade cut into it makes for a bloody Halloween cake . . . oh, right, the blood. Don’t forget the blood! The giant Jello brain cake is covered in edible fake blood to give it a disgusting bloody coating. If you want the blood to stick to the cake for longer, try adding a bit of gelatin to thicken it up. It makes for better coagulation anyway.
- 3 boxes (85 grams each) Red Jell-O
- 1 box (85 grams) Purple Jell-O
- 4 cups (1L) boiling water
- 6 envelopes (7 grams each= 42 grams) unflavoured gelatin
- 2 cups (480 mL) plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup (240 mL) heavy cream
- Silicone brain mold (Get the mold here)
- In a medium bowl, combine flavoured and unflavoured gelatin’s and mix together. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin crystals are dissolved.
- Add cream and yogurt, whisking until the mixture has no lumps.
- Pour into a plastic or silicone brain mold. Set in fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight until set.
- Remove by turning mold upside down onto a flat plate or cake spatula.
Bloody Jello Brain Cake
- Edible blood- recipe here
- Jello Brain
- 8″ round white buttercream covered cake
- 5″ saw blade or knife (optional)
- Place jello brain on top of cake.
- Drip edible blood on to the brain, and cake.
- Stab brain with a knife or insert saw blade prior to serving.
- Cake is best served immediately prior to topping with the jello brain.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Halloween Videos Playlist: