Happy New Year! I hope you all have a wonderful celebration ringing in 2016! To celebrate the big night, I am showing you to make a Chocolate Explosion Cake! It’s also a great way to use up all of your chocolates that you received during Christmas.
- 8″ round chocolate cake
- chocolate buttercream
- chocolate ganache
- assorted chocolates of various sizes
- Cover prepared cake in chocolate buttercream.
- Pour chocolate ganache on top of the cake and allow to drip down the sides.
- Sort chocolates according to size. Place the longest (tallest) chocolates together in the center of the cake, pressing them down so they stand vertically. While working outwards toward the edge of the cake, use the chocolates that decrease in height/length.
- While adding chocolates around the outside edge, point the chocolates outwards so they appear to be exploding from the edges of the cake.
- To make chocolates that explode above the cake, use stainless steel or copper wire. Wrap the wire around a cylindrical tool/utensil to create a coil. Insert one end of the wire into the chocolate and the other into the cake.
- Using small chocolates, place a border around the bottom of the cake. Use additional buttercream to secure to the side of the cake.
- Cake can be kept in the fridge and is best consumed within 2-3 days.