Today I’m showing you how to make a Snickers Candy Bar Cake. This amazing cake uses tons of everyone’s favourite candy bar- SNICKERS! It has a solid Snickers bar layer, wrapped by two gooey caramel layers and is covered in chocolate ganaches and more caramel. Because there’s no such thing as too many Snickers, there are chopped Snickers on top too!
Everyone loves Snickers candy bar, right? It’s the nougat, the peanuts, the caramel AND the chocolate! There’s nothing not to love. Unless you have a nut allergy, then there’s the issue with the peanuts- no love there! But anyway, can I talk a moment about why Canada calls these bars “chocolate bars” and America calls them “candy bars”? Why the difference? In my opinion, calling this a chocolate bar is more accurate than candy bar because there isn’t any candy in it . . . but there is plenty of chocolate! You would have these random thoughts running around your head too if you had to worry about how to title your cake to reach the largest audience.
To make this cake you’re going to want to get to Costco to grab the giant box of Snickers for the best price . . . at least that’s what I found. I was buying them by the 4 bar packs, but going through them too quickly. I cut up about 8 or 9 to go on the top of the cake and had about 8 in the middle layer. Obviously you don’t have to go as overboard as I did if you want to a) be conservative and b) be boring.
As far as which flavour of cake to pick to go with this monstrosity, I went with a chocolate and a vanilla, mostly so that there would be a larger “wow” factor when it was sliced into. My peanut butter cake would also have been delicious stacked in this cake, ooh, as would a caramel cake! The possibilities are endless! Well, I wouldn’t put strawberry. It ends there.
Leave me a comment about which chocolate bar I should turn into a cake next!
How to Make a Snickers Candy Bar Cake
- Vanilla cake
- Chocolate cake
- Snickers candy bars
- Caramel sauce
- White chocolate ganache
- Chocolate ganache
- Vanilla buttercream
- Peanuts (whole and chopped)
- Slice the vanilla and chocolate cake layers in half to form two thin layers of each flavour.
- Attach one vanilla layer to a cake board with a swipe of buttercream. Pipe a buttercream dam around the outside of the cake edge, and fill the center of the cake with 1/2 cup of caramel sauce.
- Place one chocolate layer on top of the caramel layer. Cover chocolate layer with a thin layer of buttercream. Cover entire chocolate layer with Snickers candy bars. Fill gaps between the bars with buttercream.
- Place second vanilla layer on top of the chocolate bars, and pipe another buttercream dam around the outside of the layer and fill with caramel sauce.
- Place chocolate cake layer on top, and cover entire cake (top and sides) with buttercream.
- Drizzle ganaches and caramel sauce down the sides and edge of the top of the cake.
- Top cake with chunks of cut Snickers, and whole peanuts.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts around the outer edge of the top of the cake.
- If desired, add whole peanuts around the bottom of the cake as a border.