Today I am showing you how to make a completely edible Chocolate Nest and filling it with Cadbury Mini Eggs! I’ve seen lots of nests made out of coconut and chow mein noodles before, but I wanted one that was more realistic looking. When scouring the grocery store, I came across vermicelli noodles, and the idea was born.
This is a wonderfully easy no-bake recipe. If you feel like making this recipe ever so slightly more difficult, use the baking chocolate that I did for the video. I usually use melting chocolate because it’s easier to work with. But since this recipe had so few steps, I really branched out and went for real chocolate . . . LOL. That’s as wild as I seem to get these days.
Couple of things about working with vermicelli noodles- they hurt when they poke you, and they FLY across the kitchen when you open the package! Be warned. You will be sweeping. Other than that, this recipe is super easy, and definitely kid friendly. Kids would love to mix the noodles into the chocolate, and definitely would love to fill the nests with mini eggs!
If you have a problem getting your hands dirty like I do, I highly recommend using gloves for the chocolate coating stage. You can use a spoon, but it’s a bit easier to just get in there and gently pull the noodles apart until they’re all covered with chocolate. Let me rethink that- what was I doing wearing gloves?!? I could have licked my fingers clean! Chocolate fingers and hands is a godsend!
There are tons of versions of copycat mini eggs on the market today, but they always leave me feeling disappointed, so mini eggs were my pick of Easter candy to go in the nests. Of course you can fill yours with whatever candy/chocolate you desire! Let me know in the comments what kind you would put in your nest.
Edible Chocolate Nests filled w/ Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Vermicelli noodles
- Semi Sweet chocolate
- Mini eggs
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 60 second intervals at 50% power.
- Break noodles into 4-5 inch long pieces.
- Place into a bowl, and pour melted chocolate on top. Toss noodles to coat.
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap and non-stick spray, and press noodles into the bowl. Cover the outside of a smaller bowl with plastic wrap and non-stick spray and press into the center of the chocolate noodles.
- Place nest in the fridge to harden for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove carefully and fill with mini eggs, or desired chocolates.
Now, to complete the edible chocolate nests, you need a cake to go under it!
Learn how to make a Cadbury Mini Eggs Cake (Chocolate Easter Egg Cake):