Today I’m showing you how make an M&M Cookie Mountain Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake. This is for serious cookie lovers only and has a delicious chocolate chip cookie dough buttercream to enjoy!
Subscribe to Cupcakes and Cardio to stay up to date on all of our newest videos.
All you need for this cake is cookies, cookies and more cookies! And a delicious new buttercream recipe- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! It tastes exactly like the real thing, but without the risk of salmonella poisoning. The buttercream recipe is one that I used to use when I had my bakery, and I still love it to this day. If you don’t want to make this cake, make sure you set a time aside to make the buttercream anyway.
How to Make M&M’s Cookie Mountain Cake (with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Buttercream Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- chocolate ganache
1. Prepare cakes as required. Add chocolate chips to the batter if desired prior to baking.
2. To prepare the buttercream, mix together the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixe, until creamy.
3. Mix in the icing sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.
4. Add the chocolate chips, and stir until incorporated. Put buttercream into a piping bag.
5. Attach chocolate cake to a cake board using a swipe of buttercream.Pipe on a layer of buttercream. Smooth with cake spatula. Add a layer of cookies, and M&M’s.
6. Place vanilla cake on top and cover entire cake with buttercream.
7. Starting at the bottom of the cake, place chunks of cookies along the bottom, then working upwards, chocolate chunks, and chocolate chips. Add a few M&M’s for color.
8. Stack a mountain of cookies on top of the cake and drizzle with chocolate ganache.
9. Slice and serve. Cake is best consumed within 2-3 days and kept in the fridge in a sealed container.