Today I’m showing you how to make a Farm Heroes Super Saga Garden Cake for the favourite gardener in your life! We are also doing a giveaway for an iPad Air! Links below for the rules and contest entry form.
Subscribe to Cupcakes and Cardio.
Thank you to King the developers of Farm Heroes Super Saga for sponsoring this video. Competition is run by me (not King)! Please download Farm Heroes Super Saga here.
When King approached us to make a video based on their app, I downloaded it and immediately started playing it. I don’t have a lot of extra time these days though I wish I did so I could keep up with all of these fun games without someone pointing them out to me, but there are only so many hours in the day people!
Farm Heroes Super Saga revolves around adorable cropsies (plums, tomatoes, bananas, pears, carrots, water and flowers).
You need to connect three cropsies in a row to remove them from your garden. If you end up with four crospies in a square, the go together to form a super cropsie!
There are lots of other fun elements to the game like wind, which changes the direction the new cropsies come into your garden and there are some animal characters, a fox, a goat and a squirrel.
To make the cake, you need a lot of fondant, patience and a large double layer 9″ x 13″ cake. You can pick up fondant from any cake supply store, box stores, and my favourite, Bulk Barn here in Canada.
The nice thing about the cropsies is that they are fairly simple in shape, so it’s relatively easy to form them. You know I hate working with fondant, so if I can find an easy way to do something, I definitely will!
How to Make a Farm Heroes Super Saga Garden Cake
- Two 9″ x 13″ chocolate cake
- Chocolate buttercream
- Vanilla buttercream dyed green
- Sugar flowers
- Fondant- red, orange, yellow, blue, purple, lime green, green, dark green, brown, white
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Cover and fill cake in chocolate buttercream.
- Roll out green fondant to cover cake. Use a fondant smoother to apply to cake.
- From rolled brown fondant, cut out 2 strips 5.5″ x 2″ and one 8″ x 2″. Cut out four rectangles 2.5″ x 4.5″.
- From green fondant cut out 4 rectangles 2″ x 4″ and enough half circles for bushes to go around the bottom of the cake. Use a pair of scissors to texture the green fondant by making small snips in it.
- Attach all pieces to the cake with water as glue.
- To make the cropsies, cut out a flower shape with a flower cutter from white fondant. Place in a flower former to harden. Attach a yellow face, eyes and use an edible ink pen to draw on a mouth.
- For the water, pear and carrot cropsie, roll out 8 grams of lime green, orange and blue fondant into tear drop shapes. Narrow the top of the pear cropsie with anindent. Etch the carrot cropsie with a veining tool in a spiral around the carrot.
- Roll 8 grams of red and purple fondant into balls for the plum and tomato cropsie.
- Cut out eyes from white and brown fondant using small circle cutters. Cut the stems and leaves from green fondant. Attach features to cropsies with water. Draw mouths on with edible ink writing pen.
- To make a super cropsie, use a larger amount of fondant and follow the same procedure as your favorite cropsie.
- Spread chocolate buttercream on to the path on the top of the cake. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Place cropsies onto the green rectangles on the top of the cake. Attach flower cropsies to the sides of the cake and add a stem and leaves if desired.
- Using green buttercream fitted with a grass tip, pipe on grass on the edges of the garden cake and at the bottom on the cake board.
- Serve when desired. Cake is best kept in a sealed container in the fridge and consumed within 2-3 days.
Please READ THE FULL RULES ABOVE
-The competition is based on the highest score, chance plays no part in determining the winners.
-To enter, individuals must, during the competition period, watch the youtube video and enter on the official entry form here. Entrants must write a valid email address and correctly answer the question “What level do you first meet Fidget the Squirrel?” to qualify. Winners will be judged on the highest number score to “What was your highest score on level 11 of Farm Heroes Super Saga?”.
-Competition commences 12:00am on 15 July 2016 UTC. Entries close 12 midnight on 29 July 2016 UTC. The judging will take place the following day. Winners will be notified by email. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.