Today I’m showing you how to make a giant gummy eyeball, filled with edible bloody slime! Not only is this such a cool Halloween treat, it’s an absolutely disgusting dessert too!
Subscribe to Cupcakes and Cardio on YouTube here.
The reaction of this Halloween dessert has been hilarious! Some people have a huge hate on for it, and others (like myself) love the gore of it! If it grosses you out, just remember- IT’S NOT REAL! It’s all edible gelatin everyone.
Gummy Eyeball Recipe
Pupil and Iris Ingredients:
- 1 package Blue jello
- 2 packs gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold
- 1/4 cup Blue jello
- black gel paste
- In a small bowl, mix the Jello and gelatin together. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add 1/2 cup of cold water and continue to stir.
- Remove 1/2 cup blue jello and add black gel paste for the pupil. Pour black Jello into greased small sphere molds, put into freezer 10 mins to solidify.
- In the bottom of a ball cake pan or round sphere pan, pour 3 tablespoons of blue jello and let partially solidify.
- Add pupil and 2 more tablespoons of blue jello. Place into the fridge until solidified.
Sclera (one half)Ingredients:
- 3 cups milk
- 4 packs gelatin
- vanilla sugar
- Prepare sclera by blooming gelatin in 1/2 cup milk, and heating the rest of the milk for 3 minutes in the microwave. Combine the milk and gelatin, stir until gelatin has dissolved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, gently pour on top of pupil/iris. Fill to the top of the pan.
- Repeat recipe for second half of eyeball.
- Prepare blood slime (recipe below)
- Core out the center of the half of the eyeball without the pupil/iris. Fill whole with blood slime. Add a few tablespoons of extra milk/gelatin mixture and let solidify (this is to prevent the red from bleeding into the white).
- To join the two halves, pour additional extra milk/gelatin mixture on top and then place pupil half on top, pushing out any extra. Put in the fridge to solidify.
- Once solid, paint on red veins with red gel paste.
- Remove eyeball from bottom cake pan right before serving. Jello eyeball is best consumed withing 2-3 days.
Edible Blood Slime Recipe
- 1 tsp Metamucil fiber
- 1 cup (8oz) Water
- Red food coloring
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Metamucil with 1 cup of water in a microwaveable bowl. You can add the food colouring.
- Place bowl in the microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until the goo is about to bubble out of the bowl. Turn off the microwave.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then repeat step 3 (microwave until about to overflow). The more times this step is repeated the more rubbery the substance will become.
- All to cool before touching as it’s super hot.